Taco Jesus


 I am not familiar with Mexican food to be honest, or I wasn’t up to some time. It always seemed very greasy, full of meat and coriander- three things I hate when it comes to food. My American friend really liked this Mexican restaurant and it was last day of his stay here in Poznań so I asked him where he would like to go and he obviously chose this place. Happy or not I decided to make his last polish wish come true. His face when I said I had never tried any Mexican food and I don’t really know what to order- priceless. The owner and his co-worker who are very nice helped me decide what to take and that is how I had my first (vegetarian) taco ever. I must say this dish was tasty but it wasn’t life-changing experience. I’m still not a Mexican food lover. All of it was very greasy as I thought, I obviously had to ask for no coriander. The interior is incredible. That might be the worst interior my eyes have seen but that is how Mexican culture looks like. A lot of small, colourful, plastic decorations. Skulls, little Madonnas, crosses, stained glass and candles everywhere. The furniture are a little dirty and don’t much with each other at all. The smell of burnet oil stays on your clothes for the rest of the day. Jesus- the Mexican owner and his mates compensate it all for those who don’t like it and attracts even more those who already like this place. The prices are rather high I’d say. My three tacos cost me 25 zł and I wasn’t very satisfied with the amount. Altogether taco jesus is a very special place I would definitely recommend it to anybody even those who don’t know or are crazy about Mexican food. This whole concept is very well thought and deserves good word even if you’re not a fan of this type of food or deco. My points for this place are: 


            -          Food: 7/10
-          Interior: 5/10
-          Atmosphere/staff: 9/10
-          Prices: 6/10 










Comments

Popular Posts