Happa to Mame



  I get bored with everything pretty fast in life. My vivid character is always looking for something new and interesting. That explains well my interest for the topic of my blog and this constant need for discovering new food and places. It goes without saying the interior also plays a big part in the reception. Don’t judge the book by its cover applies to the restaurants only sometimes. Usually you won’t even go in if the place looks bad. I was lucky to find a good combination of both- something different and great looking. Happa to Mame is a Japanese cafe perfect for adventurous souls. We’re not scared to try new things so we decided to try some Japanese treats such as: rice balls with strawberry, sweet bean filling and cream, pancakes with organic tea ice cream and coffee. The waiter told us 2.000 people (especially older) die every year from choking. Rice dough is extremally chewy and can easily get stuck in your throat. Fortunately we survived and what’s more we really enjoyed it. I also had coffee brew for the first time ever and to be honest I hated it. But I wouldn’t blame them for bad product, I think it’s just me- not cold brew lover at all. Pancakes with ice cream were not my favourite and there was nothing special about them. They were just normal “American” little pancakes. Now my favourite part- the interior! This is my number one so far. I absolutely love it. Huge space, minimalism, enormous grey wall with golden painting and the star- the platform where you can sit. The style is rather stark and I adored it. The staff is amazing as well. The waiter tells stories and fun facts about Japan or products they sell. He listen to you carefully and tries to help you order. That might not have been the best food experience but it was great for our senses.   

-          Food: 6/10

-          Interior: 10/10
-          Atmosphere/staff: 10/10
-          Prices: 6/10 






Comments

Popular Posts