Szczaw i mirabelki


  Szczaw & mirabelki is a vegan friendly restaurant that gathers a lot of people every day, you can easily find dogs there as well since their open to all species. They make vegetarian and vegan food, so it’s a good place for me since I am vegetarian. They’ve got a very interesting menu, full of different dishes. From typical polish “schabowy”  with potatoes, mushrooms and salad, some dumplings, to pizza and spaghetti. Since their menu is so noteworthy I try something different every time I’m there. Up to this day I have tried: potato dumplings with cabbage and mushrooms and green peas, cutlet made from seitan with potatoes and salad, burger with pulled jackfruit and vegetables and last but not least vegetarian lasagne with vegetables and mozzarella cheese (vegan option with vegan cheese). It goes without saying the food is tasty. What can be surprising is that they don’t really pay attention to the caloric value or wholesomeness. Most of the dishes are very greasy. Gluten is one of the best friends of this place as well. And don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, all I’m saying is that is might be a little disappointing. My favourite option so far would be lasagne if it wasn’t for sooooo much grease. I felt very sick after eating it, but the taste was really good though. My least favourite dish was the cutlet. I felt almost poisoned after. I had stomach ache till the day after. But that may be caused by my problem with gluten, so I shouldn’t be so judgmental. There is one thing I’ve had there and it was incomparable. It was some kind of vegan cake I’ve never seen again. Just that one time. I’ve never had a cake like this before. That was something! If we’re talking about the rest, all I can say everything is average. The staff is just fine and the prices are okey. When it comes to the interior I’d rather say it’s bad. I personally don’t like it very much. I like the idea of greens and plants, but besides that nothing makes sense. Paper, colourful decorations are not my type at all. So the final conclusion is if you don’t have so many enteric problems, you will probably enjoy this place. If you do have some problems, it might not be the best place for you, although the food is quite good. According to that my points are: 
-          Food: 6/10
-          Interior: 4/10
-          Prices: 5/10
-          Atmosphere/staff: 5/10 


This is vegan schabowy 



And this is vegetarian lasnge and potato dumplings


You can find this restaurant on Jaroczyńskiego 22a Street.  
Let me know if you've ever been there, whether you've liked it or not! 

Comments

Popular Posts